Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tom JoCo Cruise Crazy


The Baths at Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands


It's official! I have a spot on the second iteration of JoCo Cruise Crazy, featuring the geekily handsome stylings of one Mr. Jonathan Coulton himself. And some other guys, like John Hodgman ::slightly reservéd squee::. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be one of the few people wearing regular clothing, which I guess makes me a weirdo among weirdos. :^) But there will be fezzes, that much is a certainty.

Holland America will be a new experience for me, though I imagine that being surrounded by 600 JoCo fans will temper the effect not insubstantially. We (I'm going with a good friend of mine) have a verandAH stateroom, a slightly pompous spelling, which I pronounce in the same fashion as DakotAH. The alottment of those rooms was booked within half an hour, to give an indication of how many are itching to be Sea Monkeys. :^)

It's been almost six years since I've been to the Caribbean, which I pronounce with the optional more lackadaisical emphasis that I find more befitting of this particular sea, and I'm itching to go back. The water there is a breathtaking blue-green and it suddenly makes sense that there is a color called aquamarine. It's very unlike all of the water here and in the bits of Pacific and north Atlantic that I've seen, all of which are a deep, dark blue that betrays their cutting chill. The Caribbean is like being in a really fantastic bathtub, if bathtubs had fancy fish and a surplus of rum-based beverages.

So, yeah. Excited. And I have to wait 8 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment