Thursday, August 5, 2010

[Things I Love] Trains

I must be one of the few people who isn't annoyed by having to wait at a railroad crossing. I love watching trains. I love looking at the graffiti on trains and wondering where the cars were when they were decorated as such. They're such a majestic form of transport (there's that word again). The train above is from the original Amtrak "Empire Builder" line, the name of which explains a lot about my love and deep respect for trains. (It's at the Jackson Street Roundhouse Museum, if you'd like to touch it yourself. :^)

We have yet to actually replace them, which impresses me, considering the shear number of transportation options available these days. If you have the time, there is no better way to see the country than via train. It feels like stepping back into an era where traveling was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment