Sunday, April 3, 2011

30 Days of Biking


We've had a rather snowy winter relative to last year, so I was not able to get any biking time in March. Last year, I had been biking for about 3 weeks by this time, but the snow finally melted off of the trails in time for April and the 30 Days of Biking challenge, which I am doing because I otherwise wouldn't push myself hard enough this month. There are only 2 months until the MS 150 and I hope to get at least 350 miles in before then.

It's still a bit cold and some of the trails are closed due to being at the bottom of the Mississippi River, but biking season is officially on! (Yes, I know, the really hardcore people don't observe biking season, but I was too busy drinking hot cocoa and being cold in January to bother shivering through a bike ride and/or nervously waiting for hilarity to ensue in the game of bike vs. ice.)

3 comments:

  1. Biking in icy winter sounds really, really cold.

    Did you have your current bike for last year's MS 150?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really cold (because in addition to the temperature, you create a 15 mph wind!) I no longer bike until the trails are completely clear, after falling on an icy patch one time.

    Nope, I bought my current bike in July (a month after the MS 150). I had a hybrid for the previous 3 years, and last year I promised myself that would be the last time with the hybrid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I missed yesterday. :^( So much for that. I got back from Krav (which I go to straight from work) about 20 minutes after sunset.

    ReplyDelete