Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Punching things for fun and profit


Okay, so the profit goes entirely to Chaska Krav Maga, but the fun is all mine! Mine, I say! Last night was my tenth class, though it feels like I've been doing it for longer. Vacations and floods and random canceled classes intervened, but I'm mostly on a twice-per-week schedule.

I never knew how fun defending chokes and punching things could be. If I had, you can bet I would have signed up for this years ago. I was a bit skeptical at first. I mean, doing martial arts for the first time at age 30? Turns out to be an idea of legend. Tuxette started it; it's all her fault that I've found a physical activity that it actually enjoyable to supplement my biking. 


1 comment:

  1. Except for this teenager who is newer than I am who doesn't seem to understand "mock" choking. Yeah, do that again and I might forget how to "mock" groin kick.



    That made me smile :) Sometimes beating something up is just what you need to feel better.

    ReplyDelete